Author Topic: Wifi Tethering/using an iDevice as a Wifi card  (Read 1460 times)

Offline MrAMPM

Wifi Tethering/using an iDevice as a Wifi card
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »
I now say declare this Board opened and I express my gratefulness to Stoob for giving me my first mod title  XD

I'll start off by giving advice on how to solve what used to be the first problem I encountered when I recieved my new PC from xpike (btw thnx man)

Requirements:
Tethered/Jailbreaked iPod touch (2g or better is preferable)
Tethered/JB'ed iPhone prior to the 4s version
A USB iPhone cable adapter compatible with your iDevice
A PC without any wifi card or adapter,and a USB port and driver

Step 1
-First of all,you'll be opening cydia and adding the xsellize repo >>> http://www.google.com/search?q=xsellize+repo&hl=en&sa=G&prmd=imvns&nomo=1&biw=320&bih=416
-Afterwards,look for the xsellize version of Pdanet (the one with the "X" icon), and install it
-This next part is tricky,cause you'll need to scroll down on the App description page to where the red warning is
-Next,you are required to copy/write down both the serial number and username the the red warning cotains and use that info to create/validate/register your version of Pdanet (that's pretty much what the red warning says,so just follow its instructions and you'll do fine)

Step 2
-Download the version of the Pda-net client that matches your OS (If your a Win 7 32-bit user for instance,download the version w/ the same name) and launch it
-Meanwhile, launch the PDAnet application in your device and select "USB Tether"
-Connect the device to your Computer,and if no message box appears saying that you have connected:go to your task bak and click on the pda net icon (it kinda looks like a phone) and select "connect"

Done
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:34:00 AM by MrAMPM »

Re: Wifi Tethering/using an iDevice as a Wifi card
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »
i heard mywi works better