Author Topic: Meet the Rip-Off  (Read 897 times)

Black Hole Sun

Meet the Rip-Off
« on: April 08, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »
old, but I stumbled upon this a few months ago and found them absolutely hilarious/infuriating. Final Combat is a Chinese rip-off of Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield Heroes, and wow it couldn't be any more blatant.

that last one in particular is just what

Offline Martini

Re: Meet the Rip-Off
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:05:37 AM »
Yeah it's pretty infamous in the TF2 community.

You may have seen it already but DWL used it as a source some time ago:

(oh hey, my first vid in the responeses)

I've been considering using this as a source as well. Seems like it'd be fun.

Quote from: Uniju
i recommend the brass beast to everybody who can't decide if he wants to play as the heavy or as the sentry gun

7Jzxk

Black Hole Sun

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
Yeah I've seen that; I've gone through most of DWL's alt-account. It's pretty good, and you should def. use this as a source. I was actually going to ask you in our last TF2 session what your next video was going to be, but I never got around to it.

I think my favourite of those videos is the Firebat. It's heartwarming, in an incredibly stupid way. And while it's silly of me to go all pro-feminist on something like this, I find the use of sex appeal a bit disturbing and kind of missing the point, since I assumed Valve avoided that in Team Fortress 2 to keep the focus on the classes' personality and skill set.

Black Hole Sun

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »

wait do they have two versions of every class?

Offline Martini

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 12:22:27 PM »
I've got a few videos in progress, and 2 of them are larger projects that likely won't come out for a while. In the meantime I'll probably release a filler Meet the Spy YTPMV (or Crash Fortress 2).

Unless of course Meet the Pyro comes out before now and then, which I already have something planned for.

One of the larger projects is with this song, with a non-TF2 source:

Nice boxer look on the fatman... looks like my Heavy loadout
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:39:17 PM by Marcelagus »

i recommend the brass beast to everybody who can't decide if he wants to play as the heavy or as the sentry gun

7Jzxk

Black Hole Sun

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
oh I've heard that song around before. Good luck with that; it's cool you're branching outside TF2 as a source. I should try making a YTPMV one day, but I lack the motivation...

also just checking; The Striker is stolen from Battlefield Heroes, right? I've heard that around, but I've not played the game, so I don't know for certain.

I should see if I can pirate this game just to see how bad it is.

Offline Martini

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »
All I remember about Battlefield Heroes was that people said "It's like Team Fortress 2, but free!" but then TF2 became free.

And IIRC Final Combat is F2P as well, though I don't have the slightest clue where you'd download it nor do I ever intend to.

And yeah, you should try making a YTPMV; you're a musical guy and I reckon you've got good rhythm and pitch, which are the most important things in making one sound good.

7Jzxk

Black Hole Sun

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »
Well is it easily accessible for those outside China? I know that China is kind of bitchy about the evil West.

I don't think I've got good rhythm and pitch; I've never made music before, I just listen to it a whole lot. Stooben would probably be better at it, but he's doing actual music, so yeah

Offline Walkazo

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:06:33 AM »
And while it's silly of me to go all pro-feminist on something like this, I find the use of sex appeal a bit disturbing and kind of missing the point, since I assumed Valve avoided that in Team Fortress 2 to keep the focus on the classes' personality and skill set.
Yeah, my first was reaction was "it's cool they have girls to choose from", but that was immediately followed up by "shame they're all big boobs and fetish fuel".
Too many fools who don't think twice
Too many ways to pay the price
Don't wanna live my life in the real world