Author Topic: Dustforce  (Read 854 times)

Dustforce
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »
I know a few of you have it. How have you been enjoying it? The art style the use really appeals to me, but I find the controls awkward. It's an amazing game, but I'm not very good at it.
Success is not a triumph but a necessity; otherwise, what story would one have to tell? There's no mistaking it: You are only rewarded for the risks you are prepared to take.

Black Hole Sun

Re: Dustforce
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:33 PM »
I presumptuously plugged it as one of my favourites of the year, but on reflection, the controls are really awkward.

still, it's really fun; bonus points for being an Australian game.

Offline Dave

• I got my way, and that means I was right.
  • Head Honcho
  • 13062 peanuts
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dave
  • I don't care if I lose because my heroes did too.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »
Once I rebound the controls to a slightly less awkward configuration and then got used to them I found it very fun. It was annoying when I would execute a whole string of perfect maneuvers and die because the game didn't feel like letting me air jump after killing that particular enemy though.
Loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:35:33 AM »
Another feature I like is that you can see your friends' runs. It's not a new feature or anything, but if I have trouble with a level, sometimes I look at one of your videos to help me improve.
Once I rebound the controls to a slightly less awkward configuration and then got used to them I found it very fun. It was annoying when I would execute a whole string of perfect maneuvers and die because the game didn't feel like letting me air jump after killing that particular enemy though.
I just found out that you could rebind the controls today. It's much nicer now.

Edit: I was exploring the world and....

Oh my god how am I going to get that many keys!?!?!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:36:50 AM by QuizmoManiac »
Success is not a triumph but a necessity; otherwise, what story would one have to tell? There's no mistaking it: You are only rewarded for the risks you are prepared to take.

Offline Dave

• Head Honcho
  • 13062 peanuts
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dave
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 12:57:08 PM »
By S/S-ing all the gold levels.
Loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »
By S/S-ing all the gold levels.
That's what I figured. But it's going to be mighty hard.

Offline Dave

• Head Honcho
  • 13062 peanuts
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dave
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 04:02:29 AM »
Woohoo I unlocked Giga Difficult.