Author Topic: What is the definition of a 'loli'?  (Read 891 times)

Black Hole Sun

What is the definition of a 'loli'?
« on: March 25, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
So I've noticed that a lot of anime fans like to refer to young girls as 'lolis'. Any young girls. Even the ones who aren't sexualized in the slightest. I thought a 'loli' was meant to be a precocious, sexually alluring prepubescent girl, but why does everyone insist that all little girls in anime or anime-styled games are lolis even if they don't meet these requirements? Did the definition change when I wasn't looking? Are they trolling? Are they just idiots who've no idea what they're talking about? What?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:25:27 PM by Sanae Kochiya »

Offline Twilight Snackle

Re: What is the definition of a 'loli'?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »
Definitions are fluid things. On the other hand, your definition is probably closer to correct.

Offline Martini

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, "loli" is not strictly limited to Anime to begin with.

Prepubescent girls in general.

Quote from: Uniju
i recommend the brass beast to everybody who can't decide if he wants to play as the heavy or as the sentry gun

7Jzxk

Black Hole Sun

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »
It's not strictly limited to anime, but so many people think it is.

Offline Martini

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 05:34:06 PM »
I don't think the girl herself has to be actively expressing herself as "sexually alluring" to be called a "loli."

I'm just basing this judgement off the fact that in Japan the pedophile would be called a "lolicon" either way, even if the girl was normal.

I know I keep using quote marks but it's because as Snack said, these terms have loose definitions to begin with.

Quote from: Uniju
i recommend the brass beast to everybody who can't decide if he wants to play as the heavy or as the sentry gun

7Jzxk

Offline Uniju

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
im sorry to go around linking to my own website but im too lazy to remake the whole table thing so http://uniju.com/wiki/index.php/Loli i actually wrote about this but it may need some tweaking
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.