Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Martini

Re: Portal 2
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 03:34:22 AM »
Just beat the game last night.

I gotta say the ending of the boss fight was unexpected. I was laughing when I saw the moon pop up like "OH SHIT CAN I SHOOT A PORTAL THERE" hahaha

It's nice that they had those singing turrets at the end, since I actually accidentally found the singing turrets from earlier in the game. I guess they were rehearsing, eh? The Animal King made me laugh too.

I'm probably going to play through the game again soon just to get some trophies I missed as well as finding all the RatMan dens. Once PSN gets back online I'll play through Co-op with my buddy as well.

I loved all aspects of the game, one point in particular was the voice acting, which a lot of today's video games don't value very highly. Also, the game was actually lengthy this time. Plus, there's a whole secondary Co-op campaign with unique missions and tests, so Valve really put some work into this. Has to be GOTY.

Quote from: Uniju
i recommend the brass beast to everybody who can't decide if he wants to play as the heavy or as the sentry gun

7Jzxk

Offline Martini

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 03:48:12 AM »

The whole backstory about Cave Johnson was great too. I stuck around the underground part near the beginning of Chapter 6 with the earliest portrait and all the plaques and stuff. Who knew Aperture was originally a shower curtain manufacturer. There was also a certificate that said something like "Top 100 Science Innovators" with a large "#2" written on it. I had a good idea as to who #1 might be, haha. In one of Johnson's later recordings he actually complains about Black Mesa stealing Aperture's ideas so it's pretty obvious at that point.

I also found (I think it was an achievement, too) the dock where the Borealis was supposed to be. What an awesome easter egg. Gotta love cross-game references.

Quote from: Uniju
i recommend the brass beast to everybody who can't decide if he wants to play as the heavy or as the sentry gun

7Jzxk

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »
I love the co-op in this game.