Author Topic: Subjects that you hate/like?  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Xpike

Re: Subjects that you hate/like?
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:39 AM »
My physics teacher, he just ruins the class for me.

Is that good ol' French guy we all love and remember gone?
If so my life is meaningless.
Before.
lalala

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 05:11:36 AM »
I normally do really well in English class, but next year my English teacher will be this flaky bitch who actually provoked a student into punching her in the throat. Not looking forward to that.

Offline Politoed

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 03:39:17 AM »
I'm in a love/hate relationship with my Photo classes, since it's my major and all, but I absolutely hate critiques--not because I can't take it, but because I always get insanely nervous.  I really like my Forensic Anthropology courses, though, and will be taking a Paleopathology class next semester!

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »
I just finished High School and I'm glad I'll never have to take a Physics course again. I was good at it, but I didn't like it. Same with Calculus, but I do have to take another Calculus course.

Loved my German class and one called International Panoramas.
From the moment I saw him write those book reviews for the Shroom, I knew Tucayo would make a good librarian.

Offline Walkazo

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »
I felt the same when I finished physics and math: I liked learning how to do those sorts of problems and I was pretty good at it, but I HATED being graded on it, especially since the tests were usually pretty murderous.

But really, I feel that way about most subjects: love the learning, hate the evaluating.
Too many fools who don't think twice
Too many ways to pay the price
Don't wanna live my life in the real world

Offline MCS

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 08:47:18 AM »
I honestly liked math until I got into middle school. Now it's all about variables and radical expressions and quadratic functions. Math has to be my weakest subject by far, but I still have a B in it.
We're like Marilyn Manson- when we stopped terrifying people, we stopped being entertaining.
The community's like "Hotel California" - you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Offline Mario4Ever

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 01:26:18 AM »
I love Language Arts/English/whatever you want to call it. I was pretty good at French, too (I found it odd that I performed better in the class than some native speakers). I hated physics (loved chemistry and biology, though), and I'm not too fond of math, especially calculus (probably would have done better without "senioritis," but what's done is done).
"It doesn't matter what you do, yours is a tiny existence that has no effect on the vast sea around you."

Offline mrcd

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 07:24:17 AM »
I guess my favourite subject is drama/performing arts, even though my teacher is...quite excentric. And not a very good teacher.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:52:42 AM by MCD »
Artwork by Walkazo - RIP

Offline Phantom L

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2013, 02:59:44 AM »
LIKE: History, Maths, English, Catering and Music
Hate: RE, Science (but I am still really good at it :( ) and Citizenship
Fucking hate: PE
I hate PE so much it deserves its own catergory.

Offline MCS

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2013, 03:07:10 AM »
I don't entirely dislike PE because kids these days should be getting some level of exercise one way or another. I like how they combined health class with PE when I had it this year, so we only had to dress out Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and do classwork out of the health textbook the other days, so there's more variation.

However, I do dislike the fact that some coaches expect everyone to exercise on the same level without difficulty (my coach included), and the fact that it makes you all sweaty and tired the rest of the day. I don't have to take it for the rest of the time I'm in high school, actually.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:08:13 AM by MCS »
We're like Marilyn Manson- when we stopped terrifying people, we stopped being entertaining.
The community's like "Hotel California" - you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Offline HemusK

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2013, 08:27:50 AM »
I used to hate PE, but it doesn't bother me anymore. I haven't improved at anything physical so idk why I'm fine with it now
We some money-hungry wolves, and we down to eat the rich
Your bodyguard ain't shit, we strip him like a stripper bitch

Offline Dr. Javelin

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 03:09:44 PM »
I don't entirely dislike PE because kids these days should be getting some level of exercise one way or another.
Obesity is one of the greatest achievements of the first world. The fact that we have too much food is a blessing, not a curse.

Also I am kinda against the government making you not be fat, as it's your own choice, but whatever.

Offline Dave

• I got my way, and that means I was right.
  • Head Honcho
  • 13062 peanuts
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dave
  • I don't care if I lose because my heroes did too.
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 03:18:04 PM »
It's more instinct than choice.
Loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men.

Offline Dr. Javelin

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 03:23:02 PM »
More or less.

But the fact still stands that obesity is a direct cause of eating too much. I'm not saying that we haven't developed serious eating disorders where it becomes necessary to eat and eat, which is actually a problem, but those develop in part because we ate too much to start with. Eating for pleasure, not for necessity.

By we I mean citizens of first world countries.

Offline 2257

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »
Obesity is one of the greatest achievements of the first world.

is this a joke...?

Offline Dr. Javelin

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 09:53:29 AM »
It's a way of saying that the achievement of prosperity is also the "achievement" of obesity.

Offline 2257

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 10:47:40 AM »
not that i understand why you'd want to say an untrue thing like that, but i'm sure you could have come up with a way of saying it that isn't quite so insulting to people for whom obesity is a serious health problem

Offline HemusK

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2013, 11:10:49 AM »
Obesity isn't really an achievement at all. One extreme is not inherently better than another extreme.

Offline Christopher Harper

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2013, 11:44:55 AM »
Obesity isn't because of abundance of food.

It's because of the contents of the unhealthy shit poor people live off of.
if it can't be found in the US, it's not worth learning about.

Offline HemusK

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2013, 01:33:41 PM »
The unhealthy stuff is because of excess. Like the subsidies for corn farmers or antibiotics to produce more livestock.